There are a number of ways you can get involved—and make a difference—in lupus research.
- Distribute LRI research and educational materials in your neighborhood or city. Try doctor’s offices (adult and pediatric), hospital waiting rooms, and so on. Let us know and we’ll get you the materials. Contact us at 212-812-9881 or email email@example.com.
- Join your local lupus organization and offer to volunteer, whether it be organizing a local event or spreading the news about the LRI National Coalition, the nation-wide network of groups supportive of lupus research. The coalition promotes public awareness of the seriousness of lupus in various ways. More
- Become a patient advocate. Speak up and out! For ideas, see our advocacy section. More
“I thank the LRI from the bottom of my heart. Ten years ago when our daughter first became ill, nothing at all was happening in lupus. Science has come a very long way, and a great deal of this progress is due to what the LRI has done.” – Martin Greer, Denver
- Suggest to your company that they establish a philanthropy program that provides matching funds to the Lupus Research Institute.
- Buy the 2010 movie Love Simple—and order extras for your friends! Ten percent of DVD sales go straight to supporting innovative research at the LRI. The coming-of-age romance sparked in a Brooklyn Laundromat deals with lupus, love, and commitment. Read reviews and purchase info
- Have a Happening. Raise funds and lupus awareness—and get people together—at an event you plan in your community. Contact us at 212-812-9881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Sally Bradley, who has lupus and is the founder and owner of The Lee Mitt Company. The company's mission is to enhance quality of life through the introduction of the fundamentals of business/social etiquette and image consulting. A portion of proceeds from the business will be donated to the Lupus Research Institute. More