May is Lupus Awareness Month
Around the Nation and Across the Web!
Friday, April 22, 2011
Join the Lupus Research Institute’s National Coalition of lupus organizations spreading lupus awareness throughout the month of May—on the ground and online!
Events all over the country:
OnlineSunday, May 1, 2011
San Jose, CASunday, May 1, 2011
Albany, NYWednesday, May 4, 2011
New York, NYSaturday, May 7, 2011
Berkley, MISaturday, May 7, 2011
WorldwideTuesday, May 10, 2011
Boston, MATuesday, May 10, 2011
San Diego, CAWednesday, May 11, 2011
Beverly Hills, CAThursday, May 12, 2011
Centerline, MISaturday, May 14, 2011
St. Petersburg, FLSaturday, May 14, 2011
Verona, NYSaturday, May 14, 2011
Lapeer, MISunday, May 15, 2011
San Francisco, CASaturday, May 21, 2011
Fairhope, ALSaturday, May 21, 2011
Bronx, NYThursday, May 26, 2011
Online Tips & Toolkit for Spreading Awareness:
Activate your avatar: Change your profile icon to one of these lupus awareness images. It’s an easy way to tell your friends on Facebook, Twitter, MSN, Google Talk, Yahoo, and AIM about the fight for life without lupus. (To download: select your favorite icon, then right-click and choose “Save Image as...”)
Share your message of hope for a cure at www.lifewithoutlupus.tumblr.com. Submit a story, photo, video, or song that communicates how you’ve been impacted by lupus and why it’s so important that we support research towards a cure.
Tell your story: Use your Facebook status or YouTube account to tell your lupus story. How does lupus impact your everyday life, your family members, or friends? What do you wish for the future? Encourage friends to join our fight at http://lupusresearchinstitute.org/help/get_involved.
Educate your friends: Tweet (or post to Facebook) a new lupus fact each day in May. Use the information at http://lupusresearchinstitute.org/lupus to inform your updates. Or feature an LRI researcher each day! Choose from our complete list at http://lupusresearchinstitute.org/research/grant_recipients.
Do you have ideas for spreading awareness? Add them in the comments section below!
Help us all win the fight.
- Spread awareness—give out lupus awareness bracelets. Order online at www.lupusresearchinstitute.org/
- Record a video to help physicians better understand lupus. The Lupus Initiative wants to know: If you could tell health care providers something important about lupus what would you say? Share it here.
- Join a clinical trial. Learn more at www.LupusTrials.org.
- Create your own public service announcement. Upload it to YouTube and post it to www.Facebook.com/LupusResearch.
- Run for a cure! Team Life Without Lupus is recruiting members for its 2011 ING New York City Marathon team this November. Learn more here.
On the go?
Text INFO to 50555 and opt-in to receive breaking news about lupus on your mobile phone.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to 50555 to STOP. Text HELP to 50555 for HELP. Full Terms