First to Tell Congress 2010!
LRI National Coalition’s Patients’ Voice for Lupus Research Heard on Capitol Hill
Thursday, March 4, 2010
A powerful day on Capitol Hill, our voices heard!
Thirteen LRI National Coalition groups from around the country, including all of the lupus organizations from California and New York state, hit the Hill with the message that people with lupus need proper insurance coverage and care—and a cure.
An educated patients' voice for lupus!
The day before spreading out across Capitol Hill, our advocates honed their understanding of the issues and ways to approach legislators from:
- Experts from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, who spoke on the drug approval process
- Experts from the Office of Minority Health at the Department of Health and Human Services, who updated everyone on the national lupus provider health education program initiated in part by the LRI
- Experts on health care reform legislation
A powerful day online, our voices heard!
and dozens more, along with Facebook and email messaging!
With your voice added to the first lupus advocacy day of 2010, we got the message across:
- increase government research funding
- support federal programs for eliminating racial disparities in access to good care and treatment
- increase access to care nationwide
- vote for effective health insurance reform!
LUPUS ADVOCATE, THANK YOU FOR ADDING YOUR VOICE!
THANKS to sponsors Human Genome Sciences and Genentech / Biogen Idec for their support of LRI National Training & Advocacy Day 2010.
On the go?
Text INFO to 50555 and opt-in to receive breaking news about lupus on your mobile phone.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to 50555 to STOP. Text HELP to 50555 for HELP. Full Terms