- User Assent to Terms and Conditions of Service. In using the Site, you represent and agree that you have read and agree to be bound by the TERMS and shall: (i) comply with U.S. law regarding the transmission of any data obtained from the Site in accordance with the TERMS; (ii) not to use the Site for illegal purposes; and (iii) not interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Site.
- Intellectual Property. You acknowledge that the Site has been developed, compiled, prepared, revised, selected and arranged by LRI through the application of methods and standards of judgment requiring substantial time, effort and money and constitutes valuable intellectual property of LRI. The Site, including but not limited to text, content, photographs, video, audio and graphics, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the U.S. and other countries. All individual elements making up the Site are copyrighted works and the Site is protected as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws and treaties. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws in regard to the contents of the Site.
- Restrictions on Use. You may not use the Site for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with the TERMS. You agree to use the Site solely for the noncommercial use and benefit of yourself or your own organization, and not for resale or other transfer to, or use by or for the benefit of, any other person or entity. You agree to comply with any other applicable terms and conditions of service set forth on the Site.
- Rights Reserved. All present and future rights in and to trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trade names, trademarks, service marks, databases, know-how and other proprietary rights of any type under the laws of any governmental authority, including rights in and to all applications and registrations appearing on or relating to the Site (the "IP Rights"), shall, as between you and LRI, at all times be and remain the sole and exclusive property of LRI.
- License. By accessing the Site, you acquire no rights or licenses in or to the Site or materials contained therein other than the limited right to utilize the Site in accordance with the TERMS.
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability. You agree that your use of the Site is at your sole risk and acknowledge that the Site and anything contained therein, are provided "AS IS" and that LRI makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, as to the Site, including, but not limited to, merchantability, noninfringement, title or fitness for a particular purpose or use.
- NO USERS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE. THE SITE IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE USED BY CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE. BY SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU REPRESENT, WARRANT AND COVENANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OLD. ANYONE THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE OR UNDER MAY VISIT THE SITE AS A GUEST, BUT SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SUBMIT OR POST TO THE SITE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LRI and its employees, representatives and agents, against any claim, suit, action or other proceeding, to the extent based on or arising in connection with your use of the Site.
- Termination. You may terminate this Agreement by discontinuing use of the Site and destroying all materials obtained from the Site. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice if LRI determines, in its sole discretion, that you have failed to comply with any provision of these TERMS. Upon termination, you must promptly destroy all materials obtained from the Site and any copies thereof.
- Miscellaneous. You acknowledge that LRI has the right to change the content or technical specifications of the Site at any time at LRI’s sole discretion. You further accept that such changes may result in your being unable to access the Site.
- Governing Law. These TERMS shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the State of New York, without giving effect to conflicts-of-law principles thereof. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County, New York, with respect to any legal proceedings arising out of this agreement or your use of the Site and waive any objection to the propriety or convenience of venue in such courts.
- Official Correspondence. Official Correspondence must be sent via postal mail to: Lupus Research Institute, 330 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1701, New York, NY 10001. Attn: Margaret G. Dowd.
- Copyright Contact Information. The designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act is: Margaret G. Dowd.
On the go?
Text INFO to 50555 and opt-in to receive breaking news about lupus on your mobile phone.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to 50555 to STOP. Text HELP to 50555 for HELP. Full Terms